The benefits of LREDA membership are many, both for the religious educator and for the congregation served. Here are just a few of those benefits:
- Fellowship of colleagues who share your professional vision, confidentially, and in local LREDA Chapters
- Continuing education and opportunities for professional growth and renewal: Annual Fall Conference , Pre- GA Professional Day and GA LREDA Suite Talks, and the Sophia Lyon Fahs Lecture at GA. Registration fees are discounted for members.
- Scholarships for Fall Conference
- Continental leadership opportunities
- Advocacy for the profession of religious education through Good Offices Support , Representation on the Council of Church Staff Finance, and the LREDA UUA Board Observer
- Professional Standards and guidelines presented in the Handbook for Professional Religious Educators
- Special Task Forces and Interest Groups
- LREDA Directory, newsletters, informational e-mailings with updates on topics of interest
- LREDA website and LREDA-L , an e-mail list serve where members can discuss professional issues
- LREDA LARGE membership (for those serving Large RE Programs) and LREDA small (for those serving small congregations)
- Various publications of use to religious education professionals
Our membership categories include:
- Religious Educators who have completed three years in a paid position and/or a minimum of five Renaissance Modules or are certified by the UUA as Credentialed Religious Educators-Associate Level, Credentialed Religious Educators, or Credentialed Religious Educators-Master Level
- Ministers of Religious Education, Parish/ Community Ministers, MRP Candidates
- Youth Directors or Young Adult Campus Ministry Professionals who have completed three years in a paid position and/or a minimum of five Renaissance Modules
- Educators or Researchers in an academic setting with a relevant advanced degree
- Persons involved in religious education deemed as equivalent to employment
- Individuals, organizations, or institutions who wish to support the work of LREDA
Student/New DRE :
- Persons preparing for careers in religious leadership who are enrolled in theological school
- Religious Educators who do not yet qualify for active membership
- Optional category for any person who has been an Active member for 10 or more years, is at least 65 years of age, and is a current Active member at the time Life membership is requested.
Please note: Our membership year is from July 1 to June 30. Please renew before November. You will become lapsed after December 1. New members joining after April 1 will receive membership for the next year.
Go to the application form.