Membership in LREDA is open to all who support our Vision and Mission
Membership categories include:
- Active ($193, Reduced $96)
- Student or New ($55, Reduced $28)
- Institutional ($100, Reduced $50)
- Supportive ($100, Reduced $50)
- Life (Free, Suggested donation $36)
- Friend (Suggested donation $18)
To join or pay dues:
Our membership year runs from July 1st to June 30th. Members should pay their dues by Dec 31st to retain their membership. New members paying after March 1st will have their membership rolled forward into the next year.
To pay by check, write the member's name in the memo line and mail it to:
LREDA, 284 Hartford Ave, #1002, Bellingham, MA 02019.
If you are a new member and would like to pay by check, please send the check to the address above and give your name, address, email, congregation and position so that we can include you in our system.
If you need an invoice or have a question about your membership, please contact Juliet
Active Voting Members are
A) Currently employed or actively seeking employment in one of the following categories:
1) Religious Educators who have completed at least three years in a paid position within a UU congregation or have completed at least five Renaissance modules, or are Credentialed at any level by the UUA.
2) Ministers who have been in fellowship with the UUA for three years.
3) Youth Directors, Young Adult and Campus Ministry Professionals who have completed at least three years in a paid position with a UU congregation or UU affiliated organization or have completed at least five Renaissance modules.
4) Professors, researchers and educators serving in an academic setting who have earned an advanced degree in religious education or a related field e.g. religious studies, theology, or education.
5) Liberal religious educators in non-UU traditions who are in positions equivalent to any of the above.
B) Persons actively involved in UU religious education, where such involvement may be deemed equivalent to employment.
Active voting members have full rights and privileges.
Student / New Members are
- Employed as directors or coordinators of religious education, as youth directors or young adult or campus ministry professionals and have completed less than three years in a paid position within a UU congregation or with a UU affiliated organization and have completed less than five Renaissance modules.
- Preparing for careers in professional religious leadership in theological schools.
Student/New members can attend and speak at LREDA meetings, and serve on committees; but may not vote or serve as LREDA Board members or committee chairpersons.
Student / New members cannot act as delegates at General Assembly
Organizations or institutions that wish to support the work of LREDA and benefit from its mailings.
Institutional members may not vote and cannot act as delegates at General Assembly
Individuals who wish to support the work of LREDA and benefit from its resources and programs.
Supportive members can attend and speak at LREDA meetings and serve on committees; but may not vote or serve as LREDA Board members or committee chairpersons.
Supportive members cannot act as delegates at General Assembly
is granted to anyone who has been an Active LREDA member for more than ten years, is at least sixty-two, retired and is a current LREDA member at the time Life Membership is granted.
Life Members retain full rights, privileges and responsibilities until they resign their membership.
Life members do not need to pay dues, but we appreciate any donations.
Anyone interested in supporting our work may become a friend of LREDA.
This category doesn't have access to the Facebook private group.